2013年9月10日星期二

The Golf Swing

The golf swing – some may think that it’s quite simple. Others, including myself, have come to realize how truly complex the golf swing really is. After spending hour after hour trying to perfect my swing, I found that the harder I practiced the worse my scoring got.

You often hear that the golf swing should be one fluid motion. Fortunately, I have learned that you practice little pieces of the swing one at a time using drills and put it all together to make one correct motion. Martin Green has taught me that practice doesn’t make perfect. However perfect practice can and will make perfect!

Practice all day if you like, but if you aren’t practicing perfectly you will not achieve the desired results. In fact, it deteriorates your golf swing and ingrains bad habits that are very, very hard to break. The time I spend on the range now rewards me with solid ball striking and consistently lower scoring. I enjoy my time practicing now more than I ever did before and the results are tangible.

Thanks to Martin, I have come to realize that it helps tremendously to have a teacher who is able to coach you in a way that produces results. I hope to continue to refine my practice routine and ultimately my level of play so that I can successfully compete at the next level.

没有评论:

发表评论